Thursday, July 28, 2011

What We're Bumpin- Brey

Wassup Y'all...back for another Thursday just to give you insight on what's bumpin through the headphones lately...you may know most of my selections this week, but trust me i assure you my music taste is more extensive than this music may indicate.

First off the most obvious,

Frank

This obviously has been getting more rotation than usual this week in particular. Her voice and music is just amazing. "Frank" is my personal favorite over "Back to Black", as the "jazziness" and hip hop elements are more prevalent and I like the sound more, as opposed to the more quirky 60's feel of B2B.

Notable Tacks
  • "Stronger Than Me"
  • "Take the Box"
  • "In My Bed"



Moving on, 

Janis Joplin

Janis may be lost upon many people of my generation, but ya parents and old heads know exactly who she is. She is widely regarded as the "Queen of Rock and Roll" and considered a legend. She's also unfortunately part of the infamous "27 Club" with Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Colbain, etc. Her voice is a hate-it-or-love-it kind of voice, as it's very raspy at times and country as well. I was very recently turned on to her music after some lonely Wikipedia browsing and checked her out...so far the tracks most memorable are:

  • "Summertime"(My favorite)
  • "Piece of My Heart"
  • "Me and Bobby McGee"


Always in rotation,

House of Balloons

Ok my nigga Eazy already did a post on this mixtape, so I'm not gonna Re-post the same shit. This is still Mixtape of the Year in my opinion and if you disagree, well, you disagree.
My personal favorite tracks are:
  • "Wicked Games"
  • "What You Need"
  • "Glass Table Girls"
Aiight that's it for now. Y'all stay up and check me out tomorrow with another "Logic 101" post. Thanks again for the support, and feel free to comment,disagree, praise, or talk shit to us. Hit me on twitter @breyboy11
-Brey


No comments:

Post a Comment