Monday, July 18, 2011

Best Rappers Pt. 1- Brey

Ok First off let me get this across: ANY MUSICAL STATEMENTS MADE ARE PURELY OPINIONATED, unless talking about album sales of course. I could say right now that Waka Flocka is the best rapper out and it'd be as true as saying Jay-Z is because it's an Opinion. But don't go saying i said Waka was the be-nevermind.

Fact is THERE IS NO BEST RAPPER ALIVE yep mmhmmm I'll let that sink in. People are good at different things so i choose to break it down by category....every now and then I'll do a best rapper segment breaking down by category who I think is the best in said category. Let's start with...


Best Storyteller


Lupe Fiasco

      Yep.... The "Obama is a terrorist" cool nerdy hipster himself. After hearing Food and Liquor and The Cool, and even some of his earlier works, i could make a strong argument for this point. Lupe was spitting like a fucking genius during that time period. His sheer vocabulary combined with the hard hitting metaphors really solidify him as the creme de la creme in the Rap game at storytelling. In "Theme Music to a Drive-By"he says, 

"hello my name stickers on the stickers of the veins
in rehab remembering the feelings when they used to get mellow
when they was all back of a nigga like monachello
when the underworld had to be smarter than donatello
no honor amongst fellows
it's harder than sittin with a blind man and tryin to describe yellow"

Now to you this may be sup par, average, hell even wack but when I first heard the blind man yellow line i lost it. Lupe really had me in the crib perplexed for days trying to figure out how i could even start to describe yellow to a blind man. Smh i could go on and on but I'll just give you some of his top Story songs

In no particular order:
1. "Theme Music to a Drive By"
2. "The Cool"
3. "The Coolest"
4. "Kick Push/Kick Push II"
5. "He Say She Say"


Best Rapper Verse for Verse




Eminem a.k.a Slim Shady


   Yeah I Said it. Slim Muthafuckin Shady. In my book him and Jay-Z are 1 and 2.... obviously very debatable. I think verse for verse Em takes the crown. His flow is absolutely unmatched, and you can tell(at least from his earlier projects) that he puts all of his emotion into his music. His multi-syllabic flow in particular can't be fucked with by other mainstream artists. The fact that he's the only rapper that can say he has two diamond albums says something too. You can attribute that fact to the white audience he attracts, but NIGGAS still listen to him. I'm talkin still have spinners on their car but will still kill you and your family ass niggas. Anyway I'd like to only put a bar or two but I'd like you all to realize some of the craziness he spits. In "Hellbound" he continues the multi-syllabic trend, stating 

"Yo.. I'll fuckin.. I'll.. 
I'll puke, eat it, and freak you (eww) 
Battle? I'm too weeded to speak to 
The only key that I see to defeat you 
would be for me to remove these two Adidas and beat you 
and force feed you 'em both, and on each feet is a cleat shoe 
I'll lift you off your feet so fast with a roundhouse 
you'll think I pulled the fuckin ground out from underneath you 
(Bitch!) I no fuckin Gee, I'm a cannibal 
I ain't tryin to shoot you, 
I'm tryin to chop you into pieces and eat you 
Wrap you in rope and plastic, stab you with broken glass 
and have you with open gashes strapped to a soakin mattress 
Coke and acid, black magic, cloaks and daggers (ahhh!) 
Fuck the planet, til spins on a broken axis 
I'm so bananas I'm showin up to your open casket 
to fill it full of explosive gasses 
and close it back with a lit match in it 
while I sit back and just hope it catches 
Blow you to fragments 
Laugh roll you and smoke the ashes"

Don't act like that's too long of a verse to read either. I know he catches flak regarding his crazy subject matter or lack  thereof but fact of the matter is he can rap circles around 90% of Rappers today. If you haven't already heard, check out some of his top songs- 

1. "The Way I Am"(His best song IMO)
2. "Stan"
3. "Sing For the Moment"
4. "Lose Yourself"
5. "'97 Bonnie and Clyde"

Again these are my opinions so if you disagree guess what? Nobody cares.... Aiight I'm only hittin yall with two categories today....If you read the entire post thank you it's much appreciated as i know reading is a task for most of you New niggas.

Until Next Time,

-Brey



  


No comments:

Post a Comment