Monday, July 25, 2011

Rest In Peace: Amy Winehouse-Brey


Damn...not my girl Amy!!!! I'm deeply and utterly saddened by the news of her death. I like to think I have a somewhat broad music taste, but i can honestly say that Amy Winehouse was and is my favorite singer. She gave us edgy jazz music with beats that more than adequately supplemented her incredible voice. I'm very certain that she will go down as a legend in the jazz world, not solely because of her voice and amazing talent, but because of her total revival of the popular jazz scene, especially in London. Without her breaking out as she did, we very well may not have been able to hear of amazing talent such as Adele or Duffy. It is very tough to see your favorite of anything die, and especially at such a young age. I honestly teared up following the news of her death. You can't ever know how hard it is for someone to get over something such as addiction.I'm aware that many of you look at her as some crazy eclectic druggie, but to me she represents a person who captures the pristine essence of beautiful/rough relationships. Amy is a legend in my eyes, and she will continue to live on through her incredible music. R.I.P baby girl....

For those of you who may not have heard her music, here are some songs that i feel showcase her vocal talent wonderfully :
Best Friends

Take the Box

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow


I'm Out,

Brey

No comments:

Post a Comment