Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What We're Bumpin- Brey

Just droppin in to hopefully update your iTunes library. I've been nostalgic lately so don't expect any new hot shit....


Digable Planets- Reachin

I'm sure 95% of you never heard of them but they are VERYYYY dope. They infuse jazz instrumentals and heavy(for the 90's) bass. Their lyrics are more poetic, reflective of a lot of the underground hip hop scene in the 90's. I recommend them for true fans of hip hop not you lil boosie ass niggas.


Kanye West- 808's and Heartbreak

No I'm not lonely and no my heart was not recently broken(although...nvm). Contrary to popular belief this album is great. It's obviously not typical Kanye so a lot of people(including myself) hated on it when it first came out. I was in high school so i didn't fully grasp what the nigga was sayin honestly. Having been in a real relationship this album is genius. I now notice the trend of people who say this album is wack haven't been in a real long term relationship, so they can't relate.Completely understandable. Musically and lyrically it's on par and as far as I'm concerned Kanye has a perfect track record to date. Kid Cudi wrote 1/3 of the album in case you didn't know.....speaking of which...


Kid Cudi-MOTM2- The Legend of Mr Rager

One of my favorite artists so I may be biased. This album sonically and lyrically is just on par. Cudi is just so different  with his style. He's one of the few hip hop artists that makes good music all around. He can sing on a track, but he can also flow very nicely with a laid back style. he does his thing and doesn't really give that many fucks about what you think.Definitely a must listen

Check these out if you're in a chill mood but still wanna listen to hip hop. These definitely won't disappoint 

I'm Out,

Brey


No comments:

Post a Comment